Monday, April 14, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Well, how can you expect a Monday to start? I woke up feeling sick again. :/ I think it’s getting worse, as its taking longer to feel better throughout the course of the day. It’s just general achiness combined with a sore throat and stuffy nose. In America, I’d take a swig of Dayquil and get on with my day, but they don’t have those sort of luxurious medicines here, so I just have to suck it up, viking style. At least this is a short (4-day) week because Friday is Store Bededag (Great Prayer Day). Danes only care about religious holidays when they work in their favor to get off work, by the way. Also crappy about this morning: Spring is here and with spring have come these disgusting little fly-like bugs that swarm around and dive bomb you by the lakes as you’re biking. I found one that suicide bombed itself to my miniskirt when I got to work. Absolutely gross.

Luckily, two things have happened in the past hour which have cheered me up a bit. First, I got a care package from home with two boxes of thin mints, a box of samoas, a HUGE tub of Old Bay<3 and a giant family sized jar of peanut butter. Ah, the essentials! J Also, I found out I might be going on a cruise to Norway this weekend.

Tah tah for now!

2 comments:

Libby said...

god sarah, only you can be bitter about the arrival of spring in denmark. ease up on the emo-ness.

Sarah said...

The fucking bugs, man! Have you gone by the lakes recently? Anything that swarms is no good. Plus, I'm not feeling super good, but this has been ongoing. Meh. Maybe I need some Norwegian sea air... :)