A number of surveys have been floating around the forum and blogosphere in the last few weeks. I'm bored so I've combined a few. My turn!
Three ways you are stereotypically a girl:
1. It takes me at least an hour to get ready. I don't like to go out without makeup and I feel naked without a spritz of perfume. (Though I will argue until the day I die that I am NOT high maintenance!)
2. I've always liked wearing dresses, high heels, the color pink, and generally looking and feeling pretty.
3. I overanalyze things and can be completely irrational and emotional sometimes.
Three ways you are stereotypically a boy:
1. I think computer and video games are rad and spent a lot of time playing them when I was a kid. I still would, but my time is vastly and unfortunately sucked up by doing grown up things these days.
2. I think I could match a guy in eating bite for bite. This might be a better answer to the 'Three ways you are stereotypically a fat kid, at least on the inside' question, which is suspiciously absent from this survey...
3. I love cars. I love going to auto shows. On the road, I can identify almost all American cars and I'm getting much European ones (Citroen Berlingo! Fiat Multipla! (<-hideous car) TWINGO! (Renault. What a dumb cutesy name... though it is a cutesy car)). When it comes to Volkswagon, I know all the engine types and options in different models and trims. Two years ago I was offered a job at a Volkswagon dealership.
Three of your everyday essentials:
1. Perfume/scent of some kind
2. Cell phone
3. Palmer's Cocoa Butter lipbalm
What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was thirteen, so probably getting pretty excited to finish 7th grade, enjoy the summer on the swim team at the swim and tennis club and taking sailing lessons at the Annapolis Yacht Club, and come back to be a supercool, big fish 8th grader! The following summer, on the other hand, I was probably getting nervous about starting high school!
What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
It's after 10pm here, so I'll answer for tomorrow. Get a lot done at work, have lunch with Lib and Rachel, make a PR time in the Femina 5k in the evening, get laundry detergent, come home and relax.
Snacks I enjoy:
Celery dipped in cottage cheese with Old Bay, yogurt with granola, apples with peanut butter, popcorn.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Travel. Buy real estate in cool places. Go shopping for whatever I wanted (clothes, shoes, jewelry, accessories, gadgets!!). Treat myself to a number of spa and beauty treatments. Oh, maybe do something philanthropic with a bit of the money... ;)
Places I have lived before:
Charleston, South Carolina
College Park, Maryland
Confident, creative, forward-looking. I also like to think I'm pretty fun to be around.
I dwell, over-analyze, and can be insecure. On the flip side of insecure, I think I can also be a bit stuck-up and full of myself.
Favorite part of your body?
Smile, eyes, shoulders.
Stomach and thighs.
Favorite way to spend a Monday night?
Eat a delicious dinner (in or out) followed by curling up on the couch with snuggly blankets and candles to watch a good show or movie. Preferably with a good friend or boyfriend.
Stressed out and busy writing a paper that either my heart isn't into or I don't find intellectually stimulating enough.
Favorite way to spend a Saturday night?
Dressed up and out for a few drinks and a lot of good times with friends.
Working in a restaurant assigned to a crappy section.
In addition to many perfumes and colognes, I love the smell of baking cupcakes and cakes and making breakfast. Also, the smell of the beach, fresh laundry, clean grass, lingering scents of certain people (historically males) and lots of other things!
Favorite places to be?
In bed with a loved one. Drinking coffee and eating something sweet in a cute cafe. Annapolis, Maryland. Bornholm, Denmark. Georgetown, D.C. Charleston, SC. Vienna, Austria. Ireland. London.
Black, pink, blue. Used to be orange, but not so much anymore.
coffee: probably an extra-hot caramel soy latte. Mmmm.
alcohol: gin & tonic
beer: Hoegaarden or Abita Raspberry Wheat
other: classic water with lemon, Crystal Light Lemonade, TANG! :)
Favorite frame of mind?
Accomplished, happy, confident, proud, excited.
Disappointed, bored, disenchanted, and pessimistic.
Favorite genre of food?
Favorite genre of music?
Mashups, classic rock, jam bands, classical, rap, punk.
Independence Day, Legally Blonde, Clerks, Muriel's Wedding
The Perks of Being a Wallflower, A Wrinkle in Time, Things My Girlfriend And I Have Argued About, lots of things philosophical.
Favorite recent moment?
Sunday brunch with friends and cheering on (more athletic) friends running the Copenhagen Marathon (I'm such a fat kid. Of course my favorite recent moment revolves around food.)
Standing on the scale this morning. Eew. I hate weighing myself.
Loved and in love
Favorite way to start the day?
Slowly and with an enormous cup of coffee and a delicious omelet covered in Old Bay.
Rushed and stressed.
Favorite way to end the day?
With a delicious dessert or coffee or hot chocolate + sex.
Tah dah! Now you know me slightly better. :)