Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Can you make crystal meth in Denmark?"

That was the question I posed out of the blue today during lunch. I'm wondering because, according to Wikipedia (the foremost intelligence on, oh you know, most everything) "methamphetamine is most structurally similar to methcathinone and amphetamine. When illicitly produced, it is commonly made by the reduction of ephedrine or pseudophedrine. Most of the necessary chemicals are readily available in household products or over-the-counter cold or allergy medicines." The thing is, you can't get cold or allergy medications in Denmark (stupid. pharmaceutical companies would make a bloody fortune here), leading me to believe that members of the ephedrine set are probably also difficult to find in Danish cleaning products. Now, I am aware that people reading this who do not live in Denmark might see this as a logically flawed inference to make, but if you lived in Denmark you'd understand. The lack of certain products here is really mind-boggling.

So, can you make crystal meth in Denmark? Not that I, er, want to or anything. Crystal meth is such a ghetto drug. I'm still curious, though. Maybe I'll ask some druggies in Christiania or, better yet, on Istedgade. Maybe I can even get some valuable insight from a Gammel Torv hobo. Hmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laugh at your mistakes, but learn from them. Joke over yourtroubles, but gather strength from them. Have fun with your difficulties, but overcome them. Gud Day!
===================================
charles
Crystal Meth Addiction